Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Tuesday Archives #8: Birthdays & Borders

Welcome to the linky party that rejuvenates your old quilting/sewing posts! 
Click here to read more about this linky party.  And, hey! If you are new to my blog...welcome! I'd love for ya to help spread the word by adding my button to your blog and after taking take a look around, I hope  you'll become a  follower too!
Val's Quilting Studio

This week is all about BIRTHDAYS and BORDERS! 

BIRTHDAYS: 

Whether it be a quilt you made to give as a birthday present, a wall hanging to celebrate birthdays, a table runner or even gifts sewn, I'm looking forward to seeing what you have to share this week!!   
Just a cupcake WIP I made one day while playing with fabric.

BORDERS:

Some of you do the best  work with borders. Today I'm looking forward to you sharing your favorite borders! One of my most recent purchases has been the book: Quilts Without Borders, so with that said, know I'll be learning a lot from you this week. My inquiring mind will be ready your posts in wonderment of why mitered borders (huh?). I'll be searching for tips you may have when it comes to quilting borders...especially if you are a long-arm quilter. And I'll be looking at how you choose your borders. Please...don't be shy, show off your borders today!! Inquiring minds are waiting...
This is the first quilt I quilted using my long-arm. I DO like the ABC and added Rik Rac border on this.




3 comments:

  1. Cupcake and quilts are both very nice! Thanks again for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I was thinking about linking on Monday, but it slipped my mind yesterday, so I'm late to the party.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...