Friday, April 4, 2014

ALYofF April Goal/Triangle QAL

This month I have two things I want to accomplish in my world of sewing:
First, I want to complete my first QAL:
Next, I want to bring quilting into my second grade classroom and I'm going to incorporate the help of my students to create  this year's classroom quilt. By month's end I want to have had each student create a block using fabric pens. I was inspired by a classroom quilt I found here. (I'm also inspired by these  hand and Dr. Seuss quilts.)Yet, instead of self portraits, I'm going to make it an animal/nature theme quilt, as we are in the middle of studying the Cycles of Nature.
        
So there I have it...a little bit of quilting, a little bit of sewing , and a little bit of creative fun with my second graders. Easy as 1,2, 3, my April ALYofF sewing goals.
My Button



3 comments:

  1. It's great of you to introduce quilting to your second graders! I wish I had learned at that age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea of bringing this wonderful art form into your class !
    Plant seeds while they are young ;)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...