Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Tuesday Archives #5: Backs & Batiks

Welcome to the linky party that rejuvenates your old quilting/sewing posts! 
Click here to read more about this linky party and I'd love for ya to help spread the word by adding my button to your party lists!
Val's Quilting Studio

This week is all about the BACKS of our quilts and everything and anything made of BATIKS!

BACKS...of our quilts

Sometimes I like to think of the back of a quilt as a "surprise". Like this back I made to finish for my daughter's 4-H quilt.  She made the top as one of her club projects and a few years I came across it in the attic and had fun making a quilt back that included her name and even her club t-shirt! 




BATIKS

And Batiks....aren't they the most wonderful colors when put together!
This is my only quilt made with Batiks, so admittedly,  I'm really looking forward to seeing what you have made. I want to create more quilts using batiks!

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the party Val -- woohoo!! I'm thinking the only batik quilt I've ever made is still a flimsy and I don't have any pictures of it... ha ha ha.... One day I will quilt it because I have someone that would love to have it... but anyhow -- I linked up two quilts that I LOVE the backs of!! Happy Archives... Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have linked up a post of a cute quilt with a photo of the quilting from the back. That's really the only one I have. I don't usually photo the back. Maybe I should start.
    I have not done anything with Batiks before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun quilt back, Val. I hope your daughter liked her quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Tuesday's! What a fun back. And I love your batik quilt. Off to look at the others, just wish I had something for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Show off my backside? What? Again?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with ya on making the most of all that space --- front/back, have it all be show worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am late to the party but I had one to share this time so I thought I better get with it. Love the work put into the back, it is so pretty and springy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there! I just discovered your blog! I am sad I missed the Backs link party because I have a really cool back I just did! I am looking forward to future themes, though!

    http://bostonsewer.blogspot.com/2014/04/wonky-wonky-music-is-complete.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad I found you on Lily's Quilts Small Blog Meet!
    I actually love batiks and made several with Hoffmans Bali Pops, love the colors
    SewingWilde@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...