Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Many WIP's This Week!

WIP #1: Studio Remodel

Our basement studio is cleared out while cleaning carpets and prepping the walls for a new paint color are on the "To Do" list this week (With a ton of Hubby's help...okay, okay with a ton of my helping hubby!!! LOL!!):

Which means I'm sewing in the dining room:
(I think Jackson is confused!!)

WIP #2:

I'm starting to get caught up on my reds and oranges for the RSC:

WIP #3:

Man, oh man, with two baby showers and our grandbaby's first birthday next month, I have lots of baby sewing going on! This charm pack baby quilt got sewn together last night and will get borders added tonight then be quilted this weekend. Input wanted....what do you think of a 3"yellow polka dot border (It needs to be a little bit bigger) with a large white rik rak between the quilt and border??


WIP #4: 

And finally, I'm slow stitching the binding on my slice-n-diced baby quilt for a Friday Finish as I enjoy the season opener of Dancing With the Stars and anxiously await for Alfonso Ribeiro to do the Carlton Dance!! (He has to do it atleast once!!) Anyone else a fan??
I'm having fun and it's kinda nice to be working on "baby size" sewing. Projects are quick and rewarding. I sure hope your week finds ya doing a happy dance and is productive too!
With Smiles!
Val:)




10 comments:

  1. LOL, Jackson does look confused and adorable :) How exciting to be doing a studio redo! Cannot wait to see your new space! I am in the process of deciding on more 'sewing furniture' . . . today is a trip to Ikea. . . . If no one hears from me over the next couple of days, I am lost somewhere at Ikea! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn it, I meant to say definitely yes to a 3" yellow border - if you needed to, I think you could even go bigger :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the studio update, always fun to get your creative space refreshed!! I like that yellow polka-dot for the borders and I have to agree with Judy, you could go even bigger on the border but when you put the center next to it you'll see what you like. Hmmm, maybe add some applique or charm square corner squares to it too?

    Glad to see someone else has baby quilts on the brain! I have a friend whose daughter has a baby due next month but I'm still waiting to hear from them about colors. I've got a whole bag of baby fabric and patterns just waiting for a "GO". In the mean time, I 've got a lot to finish up for the 3rd Quarter Finish-A-Long to occupy my time until the start of October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love the idea of a bigger border then adding some appliqued flowers!!! I have the time and I'm in the mood for some applique! GOOD IDEA!

      Delete
  3. I am excited to see your studio update. And I really like the yellow around then top. I think the white rik rak would be darling, but you could simplify with a narrow white border before the yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is the charm pack baby quilt for a girl or boy? The yellow is good, but I would add at least one more color to the border. I do like the ric-rac idea. Let's hope that it doesn't take you as long to redo your space as it has me! Having WIP's is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's for a charity auction...but it looks more girl to me.

      Delete
  5. Yay for an updated studio! I would love to freshen mine up a bit but cringe at the thought of clearing everything out. That's a lot of work! Glad you and Jackson found somewhere else you can sew in the meantime :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh notice I didn't include a picture of where all my stuff is! LOL!! ANDDDD Everytime I need something it seems to be at the bottom of a pile! LOL!

      Delete
  6. Hehe, Jackson really does look confused. How is your studio coming along?

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...