Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tuesday Archives #30: Granny Squares & Grandmother's Garden

Welcome to the linky party that let's you rejuvenate your old quilting/sewing posts! 
(Check over in my right margin for the list of  our October themes)

Val's Quilting Studio
This week is all about skimming through those archives and finding quilts 
that showcase your Granny Squares & your Grandmother's Gardens...whether they are one or many....link them up here today! I found two wonderful archives to highlight today...grab yourselves a highlighted button  Molly and Nita:
Val's Quilting Studio


GRANNY SQUARES: 

Oh I fell in love with Molly's Modern Granny Squares. She blogs at Bailey Girl Five! I love her brown background, bright colors and perle cotton stitching!!!
I have not made a Granny Square yet, (I do however, think my mom has a crochet version in a dresser drawer at home).


GRANDMOTHER's GARDEN:

I sooo admire the work of all of you who have crated the pathe to your Grandmother's Garden like my blog buddy Nita here who blogs at NitaDances. You'll see when I link mine up....no pathe! LOL! 
\
045

8 comments:

  1. I so love and adore both of these patterns - and have not made either one. I look forward to getting to drool over the link ups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nita's Grandmother's Flower Garden is so gorgeous!! I have not seen one laid out like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Val, I have a lot to share today. :-) I hope it is okay that two of my links are not yet finished quilts. Seems that I like sewing the hexies together better than quilting them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey the more the you share the inspiration for all of us!! Whoot Woo!

      Delete
  4. Both quilts are really beautiful! I love the brown background of the Granny Squares and the green hexies of the Grandmother's Garden. Thanks again for the fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilts you've linked. Thank you. I've linked one of my grandmother's garden quilts. Right now I try to applique it to a background to finish it. And then I put a tutorial from my old blog, on a granny square and a free pieced granny square. The post is in Norwegian, but if some of you like to have it in English, I could put it on my new blog. Just give me a word.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, it is so much fun to see my grandmother's flower garden quilt featured on your blog! Thanks! :) Now I should probably get it out and work on it some more...I haven't touched it since June. Hope you are having a Very Happy Friday, today, Val!

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...