Saturday, September 27, 2014

RSC: Final Reds & Oranges

Fall has finally arrived here where I live and I spent our rainy morning in a cozy sweatshirt and jeans as I sewed these fun houses and girls together to get caught up on the RSC. Here's my August Reds embellished with an extra wide red ric-rak:

My Sept.Oranges are sewn and awaiting for their little pompom's to be sewn on by hand: 

And here's the whole Rainbow Neighborhood:
I did find myself getting tired of making the girls today and  anxious to start the next step of this quilt which is to: applique doors and windows onto the houses, add trees and critters, along with embellishing the girls with buttons and bows! I like that all the primary colors are represented and their boldness of the color. What do ya think?? Wishing ya a happy Saturday as I'm now off to link up with everyone else at:
Soscrppy
With Smiles!
Val:)

20 comments:

  1. Lovely houses and girls. I really love those free hand pieced blocks. By the way, I wonder when I can add the grandmother's garden blogposts. September 23rd is already passed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for catching my error! Next Tuesday, Sept. 30th is Grandmother's Garden at Tuesday Archives! :)

      Delete
  2. I love your colorful neighborhood. It is so playful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun quilt! Those embellishments are going to make it extra fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowie! What a hilarious romp!! So much fun these blocks. I want to live there with those girls.
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each one is so unique. Great job. Looking forward to seeing the whole neighbourhood finished at year's end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a happy little neighborhood. The applique extras will make it even more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets bored with the repetition of making similar quilt blocks over and over! I think that is why I love sampler quilts😁 this quilt looks awesome I look forward to seeing it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a delight, if only I had a little girl as I am sure all little girls big ones too will love this

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks good so far. I'm a few months behind in my RSC blocks but it will be a little while yet before I can get back to them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These will become a fabulous quilt!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood! And I think it will be lots of fun to embellish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your bright colorful neighborhood. Looking forward to your fun quilt coming together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's going to be a colorful and fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can only second my comment of last year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sweet neighborhood just makes me smile! I see that Mommy and Daughter block in pink!
    Janie

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...