Saturday, September 13, 2014

Garden Center Quilt Show

Our local garden nursery is having it's 3rd Annual Fall Quilt Show:

As soon as you walk in the door you are greeted by these beauties:

I love visiting our garden nursery and it was even more enjoyable today to walk around and enjoy the variety of quilts on display from other local quilters.

The quilt in the background to the right, was made from pieces of polyester clothing! So groovy Marcia! ((Sorry I grew up in the 80's and loved the Brady Bunch!)

This one really caught our eye, having been made in the early 1900's,
hand quilted, and arriving to Idaho in a covered wagon!

There was applique inspiration:

Creative inspiration (This was made from her husband old ties!)

And fun inspiration (I esp. love the frog and bees fluttering about.)

There were a few you may recognize. My Sun & Moon Batik Quilt: 

And my Beach Houses Quilt...right next to a beautiful quilt made from Crown Royal bags!!

Serious! Is this not fantastic! (I've never even tasted the stuff...
but thought it was inventive and so very well made!)
I love the coming of Fall and the array of quilt shows that seem to pop up. 
I'm glad ya "stopped" by today and hope ya found a little inspiration too.
With smiles,
Val:)

20 comments:

  1. I always love seeing other's local quilt shows. What a great place to hold one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Flowers and quilts looking beautiful together. Wish this garden center was near me. Thanks for sharing the show ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, such a creative idea. Plants and Fabric...what's not to LOVE !!
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful local display! I love the beach house quilt it is one of my favorites from your wonderful array of quilts! That crown Royal quilt is awesome... I had to Google crown Royal to find out what it was tho lol, wine and beer drinkers here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice display of quilts, a good display place too a garden centre, such variety, would love to be able to applique like that

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that looks like a lot of fun. The one that came on a covered wagon, is amazing how well preserved it is. But my favorites are by someone I know! How fun to see your quilts hanging. I bet there were a lot of pictures taken of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Val!
    What a great combination! My kind of place to visit! Certainly looks like a great place in the community!
    So super that you shared your quilts at this show!
    Take care,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wahoooo how lucky to have such great local quilt show in your area! The antique quilts displayed are real treasures! Thanks for sharing this inspirating show!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My two favorite things: quilts and little plants! What a great quilt show. A really good idea for a quilt shop to undertake. Thanks for sharing it with us distance challenged folks.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking show amongst the garden stuff. At the Sisters quilt show there was a Crown Royal quilt too, although it was much plainer looking than the photo you took. I wonder if there was a challenge using those old flannel bags? MY dad drank Crown Royal and we used one bag to put all the Scrabble wooden tiles in so that we chose our tiles by reaching in the bag. I kept one of those bags and still use it for playing Scrabble today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like a fun place to go to look at some beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful display. I loved seeing the variations of quilts and seeing yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Plants and quilts all in one place - heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gret idea to have a show in a garden centre. How lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love quilt shows and pictures of quilt shows that I don't live close enough to visit. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I may have bought maybe one bottle of Crown Royal in my lifetime but it's true those purple bags are a bit of a classic and very handy for scrabble tiles, playing cards and the like. Imagine someone making a quilt from them! I wonder how long they had to collect up all the bags. Kind of makes me want to go buy some Crown Royal - it's pretty good with 7-Up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful quilt and what a neat place to show them! That bug quilt......is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two favorite things, quilting and gardening, in the same spot. How fun. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...