After reading a few others and finally, Willit's at Will It Never End? this morning,
I thought I would be brave and share my 10 Quilty Little Secrets too!
Here we go:
- Okay, I'm crazy messy when I sew. If you sat next to me at a retreat, the perimeter of my floor would be covered with threads and scraps.
- I didn't know you were "suppose" to square off your quilt before binding...
- I'm completely ADHD when I'm sewing...I always have a two projects that I literally hop back and forth between going on at the same time. (And I often end up starting something else too!)LOL!
- Oh! Am I suppose to change my rotary cutter blade?
- Colored thread? Huh? I always piece with a light lilac or light gray thread....unless I'm working with black. (I hate changing thread)
- When I have a "long sewing weekend" I clean my house first...then I feel free to sew with abandonment.
- Why would I prewash my fabric when I can throw in a color catcher?
- I'm totally organized. It allows me to be more creative...I know that may not make sense...but it's true! I may make a creative mess...but when all is said and done, everything goes back to it's place.
- Ugh...I'm not a fan of borders.
- Classes and patterns inspire me, but I soon get bored and wander off to give things my own twist. (I'm admittedly the class clown.)
So there ya have it...I sure hope I haven't lost any followers as I reveal my own Quilty Secrets! LOL! Hey and a big thanks to Amy over at 13 Spools for the fun linky! I'm off to read everyone else's confessions. I'm hoping to discover I'm in good company with a few of my poor habits.