Sunday, July 17, 2016

Slow Stitching is Rejuvenating!

THIS HAS BEEN MY WEEKEND! 
I've rejuvenated my Sue Spargo wool applique. I prepped four blocks for my Lori Holt Bloom QAL annnnddd I'm wrapping up the binding on my crazy jelly roll race! Needless to say, we've watched a series of good movies too as I've enjoyed the peacefulness of just stitching. 

We're all tuckered out and hand sewing has been just what the doctor ordered to relax and re-energize. (Yes, even Jackson is worn out from a  week of  play with my parent's German Shepard.)

My weekend of slow stitching has helped reground me after a wonderful two weeks of:
A VISIT TO OUR KID'S HOME
The highlight for me was our Fourth of July Hike. 
As you can see the view was worth the trek.

GRAMMY CAMP...WEEK TWO!
I ended my visit, bringing this guy home with me!! Oh the happiness Grands bring into our lives.

And finally, FAMILY TIME:
 I especially love that I get to spend a lot of quality time with my family during the summer. None of us live close, so when gathered together, one can imagine the energy and activity. I love it as any mother/daughter does, especially because these are all the people I create my quilty hugs for!
I hope your weekend stitching provides you with the same peaceful, rejuvenation it has me.
Linking with everyone else at Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching.

JOIN US for my Fourth Annual Piggy Bank Challenge.
Click HERE to read more about it. Help spread the word and join in!
Click the picture to read more!

18 comments:

  1. Howling with laughter, that pic of Jackson is priceless!! I am finishing up a wool applique today. It's Christmas in July themed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the DOG was hysterical and then I just bust out laughing at the little one in his car seat....OMG you two are hysterical !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your summer is sounding awesome. Your grandson is a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like Grammy camp was lots of fun! You have lots of fun stitching to do too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so lucky all of my kids and families live close. I LOVE grandkids and they come out to stay almost every other weekend.

    BTW, I rec'd my I Spy swap on Friday and the grandkids sorted them into different themed piles for me and had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you sure Jackson isn't dead - tired? Oh my that looks exhausting. A relaxing weekend to recoup from family time (and grammy camp) sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!! I emailed Carole the same thing...that he looked dead. Poor guy...so tuckered out!

      Delete
  7. I've done that sue spargo craftsy class and loved it! Your family time looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had family with us here during the last week, and it was a super special time for all of us. Great you have the material for more 4 blocks prepared so now have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you are having a fabulous summer! Love seeing the projects you are working on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like such a happy fun time

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poor Jackson! He looks like he could sleep for a week! Sounds like you are indeed having a wonderful summer! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Family time is the best!!! I loved the photo in the car! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like you have been enjoying your family time. The pictures are great. Now you get to enjoy some quiet stitching time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How good to have the family time, I am getting excited as my sister is coming from Australia next month, she has not been home since 1991 though I was out there in 2002.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a great couple of weeks! Enjoy your peaceful stitching now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It sounds like you've had a great few weeks so the slow stitching is perfect to recharge. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What fun and happy times you had with your family. Lovely photos. Your Jackson is a scream...as are you, Val. =) I love the photo of all your slow stitching projects. Hand stitching is wonderful...as you say, great time to watch a movie or two or.......

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...