Thursday, December 4, 2014

ALYofF Dec.Goal/Layer Cake Quilt

Wahooo!!! For all us ALYofF participants....it's almost time to celebrate! We have made it to month number twelve!!! Admittably, I bought this Aneela Hoey Cherry Christmas layer cake, the backing and border material two years ago!! (Hey...it was on clearance and how could a fabric loving girl like myself resist??) So with that said, I want to finally get this all made into a cozy winter quilt. I'm still checking out all the links at this week's Tuesday Archives Layer Cake's posts. But I'm close to picking my pattern and plan to cut into this yummy layer cake this weekend!

Nothing better than sewing while it's cold outside! But I do wonder, if  you're able to fit in any sewing during this busy time of year?? If so, when?
My big sew day is Sunday...as my husband works and I don't.
 I then then busy myself during the week with hand stitching in the evenings after work.
Off to link up with everyone else at:
ALYoF2014
Thanks for stopping by!
With smiles!
Val:)

6 comments:

  1. Hi Val!
    Have a very winter cherry quilty weekend!
    Fabrics look great!
    Take care,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it's snowing "in" your house! LOL Love your fabrics. Will this be a twisted quilt?
    I think I could get things done around here, too, if I could send my hubby off to work.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been warm here. When I am not away I try to get out in my sewing room but a lot of my days are spent going to visit my mum.. Tonight I will be sewing with FNWF though and hope to finish some XMAS gift sewing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that layer cake...very modern! Looking forward to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun fabrics in that layer cake. Looking forward to seeing what you make with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have much sewing time in December usually because one or more of my adult kids is usually here. So I stick to small projects like, shopping bags, tote bags, table runners or pot holders. That way I can squeeze in some progress and finishes between all the sightseeing!

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...