Sunday, December 7, 2014

Flowered Quilting & A "Treat"

Spent the early afternoon quilting this commissed baby quilt:
It measures a simple 36x45 size and is going to be cuddly soft for baby as it's made of flannel with a few minky fabrics scattered between. The creator used a "puffy" batting so I kept the quilting simple in hopes the flowers will puff a little once it's washed!

I always include a little thank you "treat" when I return quilts.  I thought I'd share today's M&M one as it would make a cute little "stocking stuffer" for your fellow quilting friends and/or be something fun to share at your next quilter's gathering:


Here's the: Help While You Are Quilting sayings:
Green when you can't cut straight.
Orange when your seam allowznce is not 1/4 inch.
Red when your are irritated that you can't find the right fabric.
Yellow when you have to milter corners.
Brown when you measured once and cut twice.
Blue when your points don't match!


As one can imagine, my bag emptied pretty quick!
With smiles,
 Val:)

21 comments:

  1. Your flower quilting is adorable! I like the puffy look the batting and fabrics give the quilt. Your M&M treat is too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful quilting. Makes the quilt jump off the page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little quilt!! I can make one of those little bags of M&Ms last a week, but if I used your little card - they would be gone in an afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is *awesome* quilting! I apologize for asking and running the risk of annoying you, but is that a pantograph? It is so evenly distributed and equally sized! If that is free-motion, I do apologize and stand in awe of your talent! If it's a panto, would you mind sharing the name/source?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card for the M&Ms. Sweet quilting, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely flowers; I have to keep practising to get mine so even.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Val!
    That M&M idea is super! I think I'll borrow that idea for the next handwork weekend!
    Thanks for sharing! And great quiting too!
    Take care,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely quilting on a pretty quilt, love the M & M idea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute M&M idea! Love your quilting here

    ReplyDelete
  10. Val those big loopy flowers in the quilting you did are so sweet and so perfect for this quilt! Love the M&M card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilting is beautiful. I love the flowers, and I have to try your M&M idea. Too fun! That'll keep me sewing all night.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the flowers - and the color chart. LOL
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty quilting - perfect for this quilt! I saw those M&M sayings from Moda awhile back, so I tacked them on to M&M packs for all of our Quilt Retreat quilters. Fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun quilt! The M&M's guide is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The quilting is very nice. I am going to work on quilting a baby quilt today. If I had a bag of M&Ms I would probably MAKE mistakes just so I could eat them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty quilting work Val. wish I had time to practise this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The quilting is absolutely gorgeous! It honestly makes the quilt. Good job, Val.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is lovely quilting for a baby quilt, it really gives the top an extra dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The flowered quilting looks great. The M&M treat is a really fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Val, I just love your M&M theory! How fun! Thank you for sharing at my linky party, Keep It Simple & Make It Fun. I would like to feature your M& M theory next week and as such, you get a free PDF of one of my quilt patterns from me. Simply reply to this with your email & favorite pattern (which can be viewed on my Craftsy/Etsy store links on the blog) and it will come to your inbox. Thanks!--Shannon

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...