Sunday, December 21, 2014

Slow Stitching by Little Hands

  Oh how I treasure those precious gifts our girl's use to make in Elementary school, then quietly sneak home in the backpacks and secretly hide under the Christmas tree.  
This one was made by our oldest when she was in about Fifth Grade.

I love it's large uneven stitches and carefully sewn buttons. A little burlap, yarn and buttons and you too have a a holiday sewing project for a young one in your family too.

It always make me smile as it decorates our hallway for the whole month of December. 

 I think relaxation is catching up with me as I too am moving slow. I'm officially on break from teaching and welcome the lazy, quiet days ahead. It's been raining for three days, which in normal years (like last year) would have accumilated into about two feet of snow by now. But not this year. As with everyone else, we are unseasonably warm. But this does mean safe travel for family members near and far, so I'll take that instead of two feet of snow for sure! 

So what am up to today?? Besides sleeping in and sitting around in my jammies?
Today I'll sew some binding on a queen size quilt.
I'm thinking about my:
 15 Quilty Resolutions for 2015
....and I'm looking for a new Applique project to start. I find myself missing my applique as ever since I finished by Garden Party Quilt I haven't done any! (What!) So if you have found or can recommend a fun applique BOM for 2015, please do share, maybe I'll join ya! I'm linking up with everyone else to share and visit over at Kathy's Quilts.
Happy Slow Stiching Sunday! 
WIth smiles,
Val:)




17 comments:

  1. Most of Drama Teen's gifts were ornaments and since we decorated the tree yesterday we had them all out. They are certainly precious. Love the little Christmas tree, it's very cute and festive.

    Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah that little tree of hers is sweet! See...she started Big Stitch Quilting before it was a trend! :) Merry Christmas to you and yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute tree, I like that it's framed and comes out every year. Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely little tree Val. Hope you have a relaxing Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little treasure - the stitched Christmas tree - I love that you've framed it. It feels good to slow down - have a relaxing Sunday and Merry Christmas. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely stitched memory from the past!
    I don't know of any applique BOMs... I would like to do one too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely to have the tree made by your daughter. Rest will do you good so you can enjoy the holiday time .
    Sorry can nit help with a applique BOM another technique I need to try.

    Have a lovely Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely memory to have every year. I couldn't imagine living with that snow. We are sitting here with shorts and tshirt.... About 30 deg Celcius

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute and beautiful little tree! Have a wonderful Christmas time, Val! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet little Christmas tree! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is absolutely nothing better than those treasures created by our children to decorate Christmas and soon you'll have some from grandchildren as well, more precious than gold! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That little burlap tree is such a treasure!! I love that you have it framed and hanging in a special place each Christmas. That looks like a lot of snow to me, but then it's all sunshine here in Australia these days.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet treasure! Merry Christmas, Val!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your daughter's li'l stitchery is darling. It looks beautiful hanging on the wall. Have a lovely Christmas and a relaxing break!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am on the lookout for a new BOM project for 2015 too! My hubby offered to get me one for Xmas, but now I need to find something. Let me know if you find something fabulous as we have similar tastes. I ran around today, but will be in my jambes tomorrow quilting and cooking for Xmas morning. We have only had a dusting of snow so far too, but it was cold today and they are predicting a white Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...