Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Tuesday Archives #40: Lap Quilts

Welcome to the linky party that let's you rejuvenate your old quilting/sewing posts! 
(Santa has our list of upcoming December themes ready! Check over in my sidebar.)

Val's Quilting Studio

LAP QUILTS:

Sometimes the only thing better than a new quilt right out of the dryer, all crinkly and soft, is seeing it being used by a loved one. My day was made when our son-in-law texted me this picture of our little guy waking up from his nap...all cuddled up in his
Eye Spy quilt next to Daddy:
This week is all about sharing those ulitmate compliments when a quilt is transformed into that perfect quilty hug like Jasmine who blogs at Quilt Kisses always seems to do so well! I had to skim a bit, but I found one of my favorite older posts of hers titled: Three Small Quilts. If you haven't stopped by her blog...do! Her boys are adorable and they truly enjoy every lap quilt she creates for them!

14 comments:

  1. There is nothing better than seeing a quilt you have made being loved and used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nothing better than a snuggle in a quilt that has been made by a loved one

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that seeing them wearing out tells me it is used and loved. Waiting to get a call for a new personal quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, cute! Your grand son looks perfectly comfortable in his quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cutie. Special memories in the making.
    I have already shared this quilt before but I really love the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picture Val; great quilts all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so sweet, Val! My loved ones all make quilting worthwhile. Although my favorite story came from my brother. He told me that he loves using the quilt I made for him, but his wife keeps taking it away to hang on the wall! Lol. A wall hanging for my sister-in-law is on my to-do list.

    Your grandson is sure adorable in his quilty hug.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well if that isn't a photo of cozy happiness, then I don't know what is. So adorable Val!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks guys! Your comments and support always makes my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a thoughtful SIL you have.... and such a cute grandboy!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is there anything better than making a quilt for someone and then seeing them enjoy it? I think not! Your little puddin' looks so comfy all wrapped up in his quilt! And you are right about Jasmine's lads; they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The ultimate thank you is to see someone cuddled up with a quilt you made. That's a such a cute photo of your little guy and his dad.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...