Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Stay-cation Day 5: Three Quilted for Project Linus

Yesterday was a Winnie the Pooh blustery, cold, overcast day.
I spent most the day running pantographs on the ol' long-arm and got three Project Linus tops quilted.
  Boy! My hats off to you ladies who quilt for a living. Whew! 

This Go-Car-Go below is my favorite "boy" pantograph. I thought the cars would be the perfect "boy" finish to this scrappy lap quilt made from 6" squares. Especially as Project Linus is always short of quilts for boys.  I also like that it's not too dense and will wash into a cozy fluffy quilt. 

For the very same reason, I like this pantograph of airplanes as well.

 Being lap-size and the fact that each of these pantographs made 12" rows, these quilted up pretty quick. So with a couple hours left before hubby got home from work, I quilted this half-square scrappy top made by the Project Linus ladies. (It was about now I starting developing quite a bit of empathy for you ladies who do this full time. Man I was getting tired.) I was truly inspired by this combination of  neutral and scrappy 6" HST though and plan to use my future scraps along the way and make one of these as a future charity quilt. Think leader/ender project.
Jackson was NOT liking the wind.
I kinda thought this quilt would be liked by an teenage girl so quilted it with a more subtle design hoping to give it a more mature look. I really do like it's overall effect, though I need to make a note to self: it's not the most "economical" pantograph as there was a lot of "backtracking",
 thus felt I used twice as much thread. 
 Well, today is a sew day and I'm looking forward to playing with my purples and Rainbow Girls.
Stay tuned...and thanks for stopping by and keeping me company during my little Stay-cation here.
This week's Tuesday Archives theme is crumb quilts.
Val's Quilting Studio

18 comments:

  1. They look terrific Val. Your staycation is certainly productive. It's a snow day here so I may sew a little but I have our youngest here for spring break so mostly I'll be spending time with him today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you find those cute pantographs? So cute for boy quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute quilts and pantos. Love the HST quilt

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lot of quilting for one day. They look great and surely will be loved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does sound like a decent work out, but what great productivity! Those little airplanes just make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilting is so nice! You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a productive day. These quilts are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How generous of you to put so much thought into these charity quilts! You certainly were dedicated that day. I can hardly believe that you were able to quilts all three. I could not. lol
    They're all beautiful and I particularly like your quilting motifs. I just had to pin them all in my Quilting board. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you, Val! I know you felt good when you were finished, but when I power through so much long arming in one day I can feel it. I think it's the standing, and maybe the tension when I know it's an important quilt. I'm with you. I couldn't do it full time. Your quilting looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are fabulous! And I'm so glad to see you having so much fun with your long arm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilts are wonderful! They will be loved!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilting looks perfect on each quilt! I like the cars and the airplanes are precious. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My hat is off to you Val! that's a whole lot of wonderful work and for such a good cause! Each quilt looks wonderful with the designs you did. Love those little cars and airplanes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what fun it must be to have a long arm quilting machine that can do such wonderful and amazing things, here I struggle on my little machine and yes it is a struggle!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the airplane panto too, and that HST is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very fun quilting motifs for boys. You certainly made the most of your spring break staycation.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My son would love that aeroplane quilting. He loves anything to do with planes. Great job getting three done.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...