Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Tuesday Archives #107: Crumb Quilts & Pattern Winner

Hello! Hello! and Happy Tuesday Archives! 
The linky party that let's you rejuvinate OLD blogging posts.
Val's Quilting Studio
. If you are new to our linky, click over the here to read the details about this fun, weekly linky party.
(You can also check out all our past Tuesday Archives themes by clicking right here.)

Before I get to the linky let me congratulate my Quilty Adoption Winner:  
Kathy in the Ozarks it's you!!! (lucky #3)
I'll be sending you your Amish with a Twist Pattern this week.
And thanks again to Cynthia for creating this fun even for us.

This week's theme is: CRUMB QUILTS

I was inspired to add this theme to my "notebook" when I saw Sharon's Scribbles quilt as she shared her 2010 quilt inventory with us under the Tuesday Archive's Sampler theme awhile back. I just loved her little story below, especially knowing what an awesome scrap-busting quilter Sharon is:
Scribbles - this quilt was made by just dumping the old scrap bin and letting my grandson pick a scrap and they were added bit by bit until the floor was clean. It needs to be quilted and bound. I think a cuddly flannel needs to be used for the back. This will go into the tote for future charity quilts




5 comments:

  1. I love all sorts of scrap quilts, and finished a crumb quilt just a couple of weeks ago. It was a fun work, and I've already started another. Yours is so pretty, and letting your grandson picking the fabrics seems to have worked well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I realized that it was not your quilt, but anyway, a fun and colourful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to link this one - and here it is! This is one of my favorites and it did go to a charity drive for a fire victims fund. Will look for another post now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Kathy. Thanks for participating Val in the adoption event! The next one will be in September :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you sooo much Val-I know my new sewing-quilting friend will have allot of fun with your patterns

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...