Thursday, March 24, 2016

Stay-cation Day 6: An Unexpected Surprise!

I was just happily sewing away yesterday when out of the blue, the mailman 
delivery the most awewsome surprise to my doorstep! The card from my mom said:
"Happy Easter, Happy Mother's Day, Happy Birthday!
This is what I've been working on when you ask what project I am working on."
You want to see?

It's the beautiful cardigan I picked out the pattern to last summer with my mom.
It's made with a soft, wool blend and easy-care acrilic yarn by Lion Brand Wool-Ease. 
My husband said it best as he ran his hand across it's different textures: 
"You mom does the most amazing knitting" .
I, of course, was speechless upon unpacking it.
Followed by tears in my eyes as I tried it on, as it felt like a big hug from my mom.
A boost in spirit she knew I needed...like only a mom can know.
Many of you know, I can't knit (I've tried to learn several time throughout my life...maybe we'll try again this summer mom?? A hat pattern maybe??) Anyways, I knew those of you that do knit, would appreciate and be inspired by my mom's work. She said she had so much fun making it, she's making herself one now! And luckily, our Spring weather is still cool enough for me to get a few wears in before temperatures warm up and I have to tuck it away for next Fall.
THANK YOU MOM!!
I love you.

Val's Quilting Studio

25 comments:

  1. WOW!! You are going to enjoy this sweater for years and years!! It is GORGEOUS! A hug from your mom every time you wear it! Doesn't get any better this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a gorgeous sweater and made with love it's even better! Can you tell me what pattern she used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom said the book is a Brunswick Volume 767....it's an old pattern and she thinks the company might be out of business. Hope this helps. :)

      Delete
  3. What a lovely surprise for you. Love in every stitch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful surprise. Your mom knits beautifully. Hope the weather stays cool for a bit so you can show it off. I am sure you will be wearing it for years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely Happy EasterMothersDayBirthday surprise gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you like getting surprises in the mail. I like even the small ones. Now this is a beautiful surprise. I have never received anything this nice in the mail. Some day perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do knit and I know how much love was put into that sweater. It is stunning! Mom's are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mother is amazing Val! All those different stitches! I knitted, and purled, a washcloth together at our local library once. It worked out well for my kitchen sink anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mom is an excellent knitter. THe sweather is gorgeous .. one of a kind. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful surprise. Happy Birthday, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mom's are pretty amazing like that. And that is some awesome knitting. Cables make me cry a little when I think about trying them again. Enjoy your gorgeous mom hug.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Mom is one very amazing knitter, as well as one very amazing Mom! Your new sweater is beautiful Val!
    PS -I can't knit well either... I always lose count.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh....what a lovely aran knit!! Your mom is a beautiful knitter, indeed! Love, love, love cables. Such a lovely present hand knitted with much love. Enjoy wearing that beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. a lovely aran cardigan your ||Mum is so talented with here needles

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG it's gorgeous!

    LOL I can't knit either. I tried about two years back. WHAT a hoot. OH it was so hard just to get the yarn around the needles and after a few weeks I figured that I better go back to quilting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. so beautiful Val-enjoy it. My Mom excelled in knitting too and over the years she had made me some wonderful things-I love them all-and think of her now when I wear something she made-Happy Easter to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a very lovely gift, beautiful pattern, knitting and finish. My mum taught me to knit so many years ago, aren´t mums just the best. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's just beautiful and yes it's a big hug from your mom. I can't knit I've tried many times. My mom did try with no luck. But I do crochet. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That sweater is absolutely gorgeous. Would she like another older daughter???? I knit and I know the amount of work that went into this lovely creation. Good job Mom. Happy Easter and thanks for sharing. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gifts from Mom's are the best things. Yours does amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a sweet surprise and great to know what she really was working on. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your mum must be such a patient woman. It looks great, and I bet it suits you really well, too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! Look at all those ribs and this wonderful texture! I would have been speechless too!

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...